ACCOUNTABILITY LAB NIGERIA is requesting proposals from ACA firms with extensive experience in providing audit services for Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and/ or Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Nigeria. We invite firms to submit a proposal for the preparation of our annual audited financial statements for fiscal year January 1st, 2021 and ending December 31, 2021. The audit of Accountability Lab’s financial statements must be performed in accordance with the Statement of Auditing Standards (SAS), and Nigerian Standards on Auditing (NSA).
Accountability Lab was founded in early 2012, and started operations in Nigeria in 2018 as part of the global translocal of labs making governance work people everywhere by supporting active citizens, responsible leaders and accountable institutions. We are reimagining how to build accountability to support a world in which resources are used wisely, decisions benefit everyone fairly, and people lead secure lives.
Our operation budget for 2021 is approximately $500, 000 which includes funding from Ford Foundation, MacArthur Foundation, the government of the Netherlands, National Endowment for Democracy (NED), Voice, Luminate, UNDP Nigeria, etc. We have 11 employees located in our Abuja office.
Accountability Lab Nigeria requires the following services:
- Audit annual financial statement for the year ending December 31, 2021, and meeting with the Finance Committee and/or Board of Trustees, as necessary.
- Preparation of a management letter with comments and recommendations with respect to accounting and administrative controls and efficiency.
- Presentation of the results of the audit and the management letter with the management team.
All of the above must be completed within 15 working days in March 2021, in order for our Board to review each document prior to its submission to the appropriate recipients. In addition, Accountability Lab Nigeria requires that a meeting of the auditors and selected board and management team be held to discuss a draft version of the financial statements.
All proposals must include:
- Letter of interest;
- Evidence of most recent work done for an NGO/ INGO, e.g. letter of engagement from auditor to client OR appointment letter from clients to auditor;
- Evidence of good standing with a professional institution;
- Tax clearance certificate;
- Evidence of registrations with financial reporting council of Nigeria;
- Professional certificates or practising license of partners;
- Proposed timeline for fieldwork and final reporting;
- Propose a comprehensive fee schedule for the annual audit;
- References and contact information from at least 2 comparable nonprofit audit clients.
Your response to the RFP must be received by December 14, 2021. Please send an electronic copy of your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Board Finance committee will review all proposals at the 4th quarter board meeting and make a recommendation regarding the choice of auditor to the full board of trustees.