TERMS OF REFERENCE – ACCOUNTABILITY LAB COUNTRY LIAISON
The Accountability Lab is building a new generation of active citizens and responsible leaders around the world. We support change-makers to develop and implement positive ideas for integrity in their communities, unleashing positive social and economic change. The Lab is currently seeking a Country Liaison to provide programmatic as well as administrative support to run the Integrity Icon (II) campaign in Somaliland. II is a global campaign run by Accountability Lab to find, celebrate and support the world’s most honest government officials to move away from ‘naming and shaming’ corrupt leaders and towards ‘naming and faming’ those bureaucrats that are working with integrity to build the public service.
We are looking for a highly motivated, driven individual who wants to be part of a collaborative global team finding new ways to strengthen accountability in various contexts. The ideal candidate is an agile, humble, creative and responsible team player who can navigate complex conversations and outreach to build new partnerships to reach our goal of creating inclusive campaigns. We seek applicants who can work independently and have the right skills to serve as an ambassador for the organization in Somaliland.
Location and reporting: This Country Liaison will be based in Hargeisa with some travel across Somaliland. S/he will report directly to the AL Global Programs and Learning Manager.
Timeline: Start date is April 1st, 2021. This will be a 1-year full-time position- renewable based on performance and funding.
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with skills and experience.
Responsibilities: The Country Liaison is expected to provide oversight and assistance on all the work of the Lab as it pertains to the II campaign in Somaliland and as it aligns with AL’s organisational objectives. Specifically to
- act as a liaison between AL Global and local partners;
- develop a workplan for the campaign and report on those deliverables;
- recruit youth volunteers to provide support during nomination process;
- carry out vetting for the most eligible nominees;
- support the jury during selection of the top 5 icons by arranging timely meetings;
- be responsible for all logistical arrangements for meetings and events- scheduling, venue hire, preparing invitee lists, sending invitations;
- ensure the campaign guidelines are adhered to throughout the nomination, vetting, selection and voting processes;
- track project progress against envisioned outcomes and indicators for the campaign;
- maintain records of all files in a central drive and share with the AL Global team;
- manage and support media, communications, outreach and networking building throughout the duration of the campaign.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 2-3 years of experience implementing projects or campaigns
- Familiarity with local political and governance issues
- Established contacts or networks within local communities, government departments, civil society organizations and the media is desirable
- Good communications and writing skills in English.
For more information or to apply, please send a cover letter, CV and salary expectations to Jaco Roets at [email protected]. Recruitment is on a rolling basis until Friday, 12 March 2021. Qualified and experienced candidates are encouraged to apply early.