Accountability Lab makes governance work for people by supporting active citizens, responsible leaders and accountable institutions. Our goal is a world in which resources are used wisely, decisions benefit everyone fairly, and people lead secure lives. We train, mentor and resource citizens to strengthen systems of accountability in order to unleash positive social and economic change. Accountability Lab is looking for a Communications Coordinator to support its work and activities globally, based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to a weekly social media schedule on the Lab’s global activities for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn;
- Provide updates and edits to the AL and II websites
- Assist in the editing and collation of monthly newsletters;
- Assist with updating databases and contact management for communications and broader outreach purposes;
- Assist with basic research and data collection from the Lab’s and its global country teams;
- Assist with research and writing of organizational reports;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Lab’s various programs, including training seminars, events and related advocacy activities;
- Produce high-quality photographs, videos and articles on Accountability Lab’s projects.
To demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to the mission and values of Accountability Lab, as well as awareness and understanding of accountability issues around the world;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail;
- Significant experience using Google Drive, Microsoft Office and various forms of social media;
- Strong research, creativity and graphic design skills;
- Superb relationship-building and organisational skills;
- Previous related work experience;
- Must be a team player and be willing to assist with ad hoc needs, and occasional after-hours work, as required;
- French language skills an advantage.
Remuneration: R23 000
Next Steps: If interested in the position please send a cover letter, CV and a sample of your marketing or media work to [email protected] with the heading, AL Comms Coordinator in the subject line, before September 27, 2020.